When spacing fingers and tenons you are completely free and independent of templates. You work like a classic joiner by first cutting the positive part and then using it as a template for the counterpart. Instead of sawing and chiselling, you cut with the power router based on markings.
The WoodRat channel is made of solid, anodised aluminium, with a sliding bar at the front that is moved horizontally without backlash by means of a steel cable. There is a clamping systems on the sliding bar. You clamp the workpiece extremely tight so that you can climb-cut tenons, tongues and raised panels without risk. In the left clamping system, you position the model and transfer the cut outline directly to the workpiece.
Above the channel is the base plate on which glides the router plate, which is guided either with two guide rails or with the centre plate. The router is screwed to the router plate. These are ideal conditions for safely working solid wood in a variety of ways - as precisely as with a router on a cross-table, but much more flexible!
- Compatible with almost all known power routers
- Can work wood between 5 and 50 mm thick
- No expensive precision bits required
- Maximum clamping width up to 430 mm
- Additional applications possible with self-made accessories
- Safe climb-cutting without breakout
- High repeat accuracy
- Cutting based on markings
- All router settings are comfortable to use
- Simple, safe, maintenance-free mechanics
Designed by Woodworkers.Developed in 1988 by architect and woodworker Martin Godfrey, the WoodRat has become an insider tip on the woodworking scene. When it comes to precision and versatility of power router accessories, it is one of the major innovations of the last few decades.
- Number of Fences1
- Workpiece Width max.450 mm