- How to select the materials and components for the tabletop and vice mechanism
- Trimming the roughly pre-cut solid wood components
- How to accurately mark and cut out dovetails
- Creating »freehand« dovetails with minimal marking
- Assembling the vice mechanism
If time permits, participants will also use the Moxon vice to make a marking aid for dovetails.
A furniture maker with over 30 years of experience. Besides his custom-built furniture, Derek is also glad to share his professional expertise in courses and presentations. A native of the UK, Derek has edited the »Furniture & Cabinetmaking« magazine since 2009, and has written at length on many aspects of woodworking.Derek Jones
At the DICTUM workshop Kurswerkstatt MÃƒÂ¼nchen we have adapted our handicraft courses to suit the urban life style. In after-work classes or semester courses the participants learn how to handle machine tools and employ their new knowledge in project courses.
DICTUM Kurswerkstatt Munich
Haager Str. 9 - 2nd floor
More info on the Kurswerkstatt Munich
- QualifikationBasic woodworking skills and knowledge.
- InfoMaterial included (€140).
- Langue du coursEnglish with German translation
- InstructorDerek Jones
- Duration3 days
- Appointment04/06 - 04/08
- Time9:00 - 6:00 PM
- Lieu du séminaireHaager Str. 9 II. Stock, 81671 München
|Numéro de cours||KU2921801|