- Introduction to the basics of turning green wood
- Design of the item and selecting the right tool
- Learn cutting technique with the pipe and the chuck method
- Sharpening of lathe tools
- Working the item under guidance
- Special techniques like bowl-in-bowl
- Working the surface
- Proper drying
You may bring your own suitable green wood blanks or purchase them in class.
The aim of the enthusiastic wood turner, master cabinetmaker and freelance artist is to preserve traditional craftsman techniques. He has been giving wood turning courses for beginners and advanced participants for many years. In the DICTUM woodturning workshop he will share with you his enthusiasm for wood as a beautiful material, and he will give you an insight into his enormous wealth of experience.Günther Friese
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederalteich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- QualifikationBasic woodturning skills and knowledge.
- InfoCourse fees plus material as required (from €40).
- EnseignantGünther Friese
- Duration2 days
- Appointment29.11 - 30.11.
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- Lieu du séminaire_longSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
|Numéro de cours||KU1301702|