- How to create a template for the knife you bring with you
- Cutting and preparing the leather
- Saddlers seam
- How to attach a belt hanger if necessary
- Various surface treatments
At the end of the course each student will take home a custom-made knife sheath for their own knife. (Tooling and decoration are not taught on the course.)
- Please bring along suitable knives for sharpening!
Arno sets himself the highest standards in all his craft work, and that includes his hobbies of leatherworking and knife making. It was while stitching knife sheaths that he discovered his passion for leatherworking, which has had a hold on him ever since. His projects, often combined with wickerwork, are characterised by clear, modern designs, often using unusual materials.Arno Buck
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederalteich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- InfoMaterial costs are collected by the course instructor (approx. 20).
- InstructorArno Buck
- Duration1 day
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- LocationSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT