- Design and basic style of Shoji elements
- Making the exterior wooden frame incl. base plate with traditional wood joints such as covered pins
- Interlocking and grooving in the filigree mullions (kumiko)
- Plastering the door element with a block plane
with starch-based glue
- Material and tool science
Master cabinet maker Hauke Schmidt lives and works in Cologne. Whenever he is not building pieces of furniture according to his own design, he teaches working with solid wood. The spectrum ranges from courses for amateurs to master classes for cabinet makers. For him, teaching and learning are two sides of the same coin, which he loves both - as well as making pieces of art from roof battens.Hauke Schmidt
Conveniently situated at the west edge of the Harz between the cities of Göttingen and Hildesheim, this picturesque, four-sided farmstead promises a creative getaway in many respects: crafts, culture, café, and guest house. The owners of the farm, Anna and Benno Löning, have converted the former sheep farm to a woodworking workshop, where DICTUM courses are held all year round.
37581 Bad Gandersheim
More info on Bad Gandersheim
- QualifikationBasic woodworking skills and previous experience of working with Japanese tools.
- InfoMaterial included (€60).
- InstructorHauke Schmidt
- Duration3 days
- Appointment25.07 - 27.07.
- Time9.00 - 18.00
Prices incl. VAT