- Selecting the right wood, using natural indentations such as drying cracks or knots
- Turning bowls while taking account of sprues and casting channels
- Piercing and undercutting grooves in the casing surface
- Melting and pouring tin or tin alloys
- Twisting off, polishing, and surface finishing
- If you book more than one course with Michal Hanula we'll give you a DICTUM voucher worth €20.
- If you buy a woodworking lathe for more than €2000 from DICTUM, we'll give you a voucher worth €150 for a turning course of your choice.
Designer, lecturer and one of the principle proponents of freestyle design in Slovakia, Michal Hanula graduated from the Faculty of Arts of the Technical University in Kosice. Since 2005 he has worked as a lecturer at the School of Applied Arts in Ruzomberok. Using traditional crafting techniques, Michal is known for his work with wood, but his creations also use recycled materials, wire, horn and plastics.Michal Hanula
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederalteich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- QualifikationBasic woodturning skills and knowledge
- InfoMaterial included (€45)
- InstructorMichal Hanula
- Duration2 days
- Appointment13.09 - 14.09.
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- LocationSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT
The instructors of these courses are internationally acclaimed masters of their craft. Intensity and perfection are the hallmarks of these courses.