What you will learn:
- Object design and material selection
- Various clamping techniques for the wooden piece
- Measuring wall thicknesses and depth
- Crossbar lathe techniques for green wood
- Correct tool handling during interrupted cutting
- Hollowing the undercuts
- Sanding the surface
- Surface treatment
- If you buy a woodworking lathe for more than 2000 € from DICTUM, we'll give you a voucher worth €150 for a turning course of your choice.
A trained lithographer, his lifelong passion is the exploration of possibilities, which manifests itself in his professional processing of wood. The objects he turns are made primarily of wood from native species, which he artfully transforms into hollow shapes, bowls, vases, boxes, or tops. Particular attention is paid to the treatment of surfaces with oils and waxes.Bernhard Nepelius
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederaltaich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- QualifikationBasic faceplate turning skills and knowledge.
- InfoMaterial included.
- InstructorBernhard Nepelius
- Duration2 days
- Appointment17.06 - 18.06.2016
- Time09.00 - 18.00
Prices incl. VAT