- Correct preparing of the wood surface
- What is shellac? Types and how to mix them
- "Filling pores" - traditional methods of filling and dyeing wood pores
- Making the polishing pad
- Applying the shellac with brush and polishing pad
- Fast application system for the shellac
- Simplified version of shellac polishing
- Dealing with polishing mistakes and other "challenges", including removing water stains and heat damage
- Polishing, matt-finishing and waxing to control the gloss level.
- If you book more than one course with John Lloyd, we'll give you a DICTUM voucher worth €20.
For twenty years, John has specialised in restoring antique furniture in Sussex, England, working for numerous private customers as well as Sothebys, Christies and St Pauls Cathedral. He shares his profound knowledge in courses and as an author of Woodworking Magazine. His book Furniture Restoration: A Professional at Work offers a collection of his articles, which are highly regarded in specialist circles.John Lloyd
- InfoMaterial included (€ 60).
- Language_LongEnglish, with German translation
- InstructorJohn Lloyd
- Duration2 days
- Appointment10.08 - 11.08.2016
- Time09.00 - 18.00
- SeminarortHaager Str. 9 II. Stock
Prices incl. VAT
The instructors of these courses are internationally acclaimed masters of their craft. Intensity and perfection are the hallmarks of these courses.