- Laying up the bow
- Planing the layers by hand
- Hardening the bamboo
- Gluing and shaping using a binding technique
- Attaching the leather grip (ton)
- Application and adjustment of the string (tsuru)
Kanjuro Shibata XXI
Kanjuro Shibata XXI, adopted son and successor of Kanjuro Shibata XX, was officially awarded the title of Imperial Bow Maker in 1994. Since then he has continued the legacy of this bow maker family in its 21st generation. As well as making kyudo bows in his fathers workshop in Kyoto, he also teaches in the Heki-Ryu Bishu Chikurin-Ha school in Europe.Kanjuro Shibata XXI
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederalteich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- QualifikationGood woodworking skills and basic knowledge of bow making.
- InfoMaterial included (€220).
- LanguageEnglish with German translation
- InstructorKanjuro Shibata XXI
- Duration8 days
- Appointment05/23 - 05/30
- Time9:00 - 6:00 PM
- LocationSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT