The theoretical part of the course covers the following subjects:
- Choosing the correct shape
- Reading and drawing a plan
- Extruding the lines required for the construction (frame ribs minus shell, inner stem)
- Choosing and finding the right materials (wood, glues, coating materials)
- Making the wood strips (concave/convex)
- Mould-making for laminating
- Coating the hull with a layer of fibre glass fabric and epoxy resin
- Setting up a slip
- Transferring a frame to a particle board
- Sawing and bevelling the frame ribs
- Setting up and aligning the frame ribs
- Laminating an inner stem
- Planing the inner stem
- Covering a small part of the boat shell with woodstrips
- Smoothing and sanding the hull
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederalteich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- InfoMaterial included (€50).
- Matthias Freymadl
- 2 days
- Appointment20.03 - 21.03.
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- LocationSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT