- Application of animal glue
- Preparing groundwork and veneers prior to veneering
- Laying veneer using traditional hammer techniques
- Book-matching - halving and quartering veneers
- Making and letting in a decorative star inlay
- Cutting and laying a cross-banding
- Letting in a line inlay or stringing using a traditional scratch stock
- Making and letting in a diamond escutcheon (key-hole) for a door/drawer
- Sharpening and use of a cabinet scraper for finishing veneered surfaces
- If you book more than one course with John Lloyd, we'll give you a DICTUM voucher worth €20.
For twenty years, John has specialised in restoring antique furniture in Sussex, England, working for numerous private customers as well as Sothebys, Christies and St Pauls Cathedral. He shares his profound knowledge in courses and as an author of Woodworking Magazine. His book Furniture Restoration: A Professional at Work offers a collection of his articles, which are highly regarded in specialist circles.John Lloyd
- InfoMaterial included (€ 20).
- Language_LongEnglish, with German translation
- InstructorJohn Lloyd
- Duration2 days
- Appointment8.08. - 9.08.2016
- Time09.00 - 18.00
- SeminarortHaager Str. 9 II. Stock
Prices incl. VAT
The instructors of these courses are internationally acclaimed masters of their craft. Intensity and perfection are the hallmarks of these courses.