Please note: Participating in this course is not adequate to a professional apprenticeship as a violin maker.
The qualified mechanical engineer and vocational teacher has been repairing and improving the sound quality of string instruments for more than 40 years. He was so fascinated by this work that he decided to start a training as a violin maker in Luby in 1994. Since then he has been working as an independent master violin-maker near Bratislava. Novák is especially interested in tonewoods and paintworks.Josef Novák
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederaltaich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- QualifikationBasic handicraft skills and knowledge.
- InfoCourse fees plus costs for material (€200-400) according to consumption and quality selected.
- InstructorJosef Novák
- Duration6 days
- Appointment4.09. - 9.09.2017
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- SeminarortSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT