- Introduction in the different types of handles
- Short introduction to possible types of wood
- Choosing the right type of handle regarding the type and using of the axe
- Removing the old handle
- Sketching of the chosen handle on an ash plank considering the grain
- Sawing out the blank with jig and band saw
- Fitting of the blank to the axe
- Finishing the handle with drawknife, plane and rasp
- Sawing the slot with the band saw and making a suitable wedge made of hardwood
- Setting the handle
- Finishing with natural oils
- Please also note our workshop »Forging an outdoor axe« which takes place a day before this workshop.
- Please bring axe heads for the workshop!
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederalteich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- InfoMaterial included.
- InstructorMatthias Freymadl
- Duration1 day
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- LocationSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT