We will learn about:
- the theory of sand casting
- producing models
- treating surfaces and replication
- alloying and melting of the bronze
- finishing the cast blank
- there will also be information on tools and on constructing your own smelting furnace
The qualified goldsmith loves giving playful elements to hand-forged and cast utility objects with puristic functionality, which are often revealed only at the second glance. He runs a workshop for tools and jewellery in Nuremberg and studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Nuremberg and today gives lectures at the training centre for goldsmiths in the city of Ahlen and at the Chamber of Trades in Koblenz.Matthias Lehr
A mere 10 minutes drive from our company headquarters in Metten, it is situated idyllically between the river Danube and the Natural Reserve Bavarian Forest and offers ideal conditions for undisturbed creative work.
The former stable of the Monastery Niederaltaich is optimally equipped with
- Bench room,
- Turning workshop,
- Sharpening room,
- Machine room,
- Kitchen and Sanitary rooms.
St. Ursulaweg 19
More info on our Workshop location Niederalteich
- InfoThe costs for material are charged by the instructor according to consumption (approx. €35 per kg).
- InstructorMatthias Lehr
- Duration4 days
- Appointment12.07 - 15.07.2017
- Time9.00 - 18.00
- SeminarortSt.-Ursulaweg 19, 94557 Niederalteich
Prices incl. VAT