Carving hatchet with medium-weight head for smoothing surfaces and creating wavy surface patterns...
Carving hatchet with medium-weight head for smoothing surfaces and creating wavy surface patterns as well as for rough and fine sculpting. Forged by hand under a spring hammer. Carved, red beech handle with a good grip and a specially shaped end to prevent slippage. Comes with leather sheath.
Under the motto "An axe is as good as its smith", the Swedish company Gränsfors Bruks has been manufacturing top-quality axes for over 100 years. Gränsfors axes feature:
- Forged by hand under a spring hammer
- Forged of 56-57 HRC carbon steel
- 20 years warranty on the axe head
- Forger's initials on each axe head
- Oiled axe handles of choice hickory wood
- Perfect handle fitting with a wooden wedge and additional metal wedges for long handles
- Each axe comes with premium leather sheath
- Includes manual
- Head weight450 g
- Blade length80 mm
- Overall length365 mm
Discover product in our flip catalogue:
Article out of stock - Article mid- March 2017 available
€129.00 per piece(s)
Prices incl. VAT
Gränsfors Replacement Wedge Set, up to 550 mm Handles
Wood and iron wedge. Tips for setting the handle: The handle should be made of wear resistant, elastic and very dry wood, e.g. ash or hickory. Saw off the old handle and drill out the wood that remains in the head and clean the inside...